Friday, July 24, 2009

Holy S**t!

Not being too hip in the ways of the modern Irish state, I have to say that this is a truly weird development.

And here I was thinking that all branches of the major religions had their foundation in schisms that could be fairly interpreted as being blasphemous. It certainly would be unfortunate to be arrested and fined for claiming, as Jews do, that Jesus isn't really the son of god. You won't hear me saying that Scientologists are kooks over a pint of Guinness at the corner pub in Limerick either, I just don't have that kind of pocket change to spare.

Something tells me our religious right is casting envious glances over the pond. Pass the potatoes and we'll also take some ample helpings of state sanctioned religious dogma please.


No comments:

Post a Comment